TaxBanter Tax Workshop Newcastle
Our public tax workshops are designed for smaller practices and sole practitioners, covering a monthly Tax Update and Special Topic.
Our workshops will keep you up-to-date with the latest tax changes, while you earn valuable CPE/CPD hours.
The sessions will consist of a tax update and special topic.
Attendees will be updated on recent tax issues and learn about the practical impact of recent tax changes. You’ll also learn how to apply the changes in a client context and discover how to recognise planning opportunities as a result.
The sessions will also provide a practical and detailed analysis of a topical area of tax law or practice.
|Wednesday, 16 August 2023||8:00am-10:30am|
|Wednesday, 20 September 2023||8:00am-10:30am|
|Wednesday, 18 October 2023||8:00am-10:30am|
|Wednesday, 15 November 2023||8:00am-10:30am|
Join us each month as we review the current tax landscape. What's changing, and what has been proposed?
You'll learn how to apply these changes in a client context and discover how to recognise planning opportunities as a result.
Tax Updates cover important tax issues such as:
- Income tax, including CGT
- Other taxes such as GST and FBT
- Tax administration
- State taxes
August Special Topic:
Tax issues for Professional practices
- Why professional practices are treated differently to other businesses
- The relevance of the personal services income rules
- Profit splitting and profit allocation arrangements acceptable to the ATO
- The employee contractor distinction
- Payroll tax implications for structuring professional practices
Cryptocurrency … in the tax net
- What are cryptocurrency and digital assets
- Applying the ordinary income tax and CGT tax rules to digital asset
- Working out whether your client is an investor, trader or just using the assets for personal use
- Your client’s record keeping obligations in relation to digital assets
- Advising your client about what data is available to the ATO about cryptocurrency to match lodged returns
Stacey goes to London
Your client is heading overseas – this case study-based topic examines the Australian tax implications of:
- A resident taxpayer deriving foreign income which is subject to foreign income tax
- Becoming a non-resident – changes to tax rates and CGT I1
- Selling a CGT asset – calculation of the CGT discount
- Becoming a resident again
- Selling a main residence with both non-resident and non-main residence days
Div 7A – A refresher
- A refresher on the core rules of Div 7A
Senior Tax Trainer, TaxBanter
Daniel Biancardi is a Chartered Accountant and has worked in tax advisory and tax training roles for over 15 years. He started his career in Business Services at a small practice in Sydney and then moved into tax advisory roles at PwC, BDO and Prosperity Advisers. While at BDO, he was responsible for developing and delivering a national tax training program across all their state offices. Daniel has also held a senior training role at The Institute of Chartered Accountants and has presented hundreds of tax training sessions to undergraduates all the way up to Partners and Directors. Daniel is both well known and well regarded in the tax training field.
Daniel has always been passionate about tax training and in 2013 he foundered Talking Tax to provide practical and relevant tax training to accounting firms. Talking Tax grew rapidly and began servicing accounting firms in Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane. In 2017 Talking Tax transferred its tax training business to TaxBanter and Daniel continues to provide tax training sessions to a multitude of clients.
TaxBanter Tax Workshop Newcastle